Park of Dune Costiere
The Dune Costiere from Torre Canne to Torre San Leonardo regional park,
stretching between the territories of the towns of Fasano and Ostuni, extends
along a coastal area covered with sand dunes, juniper trees and Mediterranean vegetation. The park contains inland areas
with fresh water springs nourished by underground rivers, centuries old olive trees, historic
masserie with medieval hypogeum olive mills and a dolmen known as Dolmen of
The wetlands, located just after the sand dunes, are important resting
areas for various migratory birds on their route between Africa and Europe. These wetlands
are referred to as Fiume Grande, Fiume Piccolo and Fiume Morelli.
Within this same area there is an ancient aquaculture plant where eels and golden
mullets are bred.
Inside this park some established paths can be taken on foot or with bicycles (which
can be rented inside the park) or on horseback.
Along the routes it's possible to visit some typical masserie, take part in cooking classes or
watch the production of olive oil, cheeses and pasta.
For information about the park of Dune Costiere
Mobile phone: +39 348 163 8228
If you want to find out more about Ostuni buy our eBook guide
Ostuni the White City guide eBook is available for kindle, iPad, iPhone, Android, PC and Mac.
Buy it on Amazon.co.uk
Buy it on Amazon.com
- Full coverage of the history of Ostuni with its monuments, churches and portals with reference to a map of the historic centre.
- A description of the surroundings of Ostuni: the best masserie and hypogeum mills, the prehistoric remains and cliff dwellings,
the trulli houses and the coastline with reference to a map of the local area.
- The best restaurants in Ostuni and the area, the pubs, bars, lounge bars, shops and sport facilities.
- General information on transport, opening hours and the practicalities.
- Day trips: how to get to other places of interest in Puglia.
This eBook also includes four useful maps:
- - The historic centre of Ostuni;
- - The territory around Ostuni;
- - The railway network of Puglia, to help anyone who wants to move around by train;
- - A complete map of Puglia with places of historical and artistic interest.